Summer has broken the ice... literally speaking now that my coats & sweaters are pushed to the back of my closet and my flipflops & sandals are within the closest reach. I'm just hoping there arn't anymore freak storms coming our way... It actually snowed here one day in June.
I freakin LOVE summer! Growing up in Southern California we always looked forward to the Del Mar Fair, Padre baseball games, & the endless days at the beach. I miss surfing with my sister Lisa. She & I would paddle out early afternoon & surf until evening sometimes... ending the day with a bondfire. Man! I was in the best shape of my life then.
Summertime in Utah is really a blast too. Nobody celebrates the 4th of July like Utah & I love it! There's no other place I'd rather be on this day...except of course with my best friend Jennae, celebrating her birthday on the 4th. Miss you Nae! ;o)
I really look forward to this time of year. The patriotism here in Utah is outstanding & there are tons of events going on in every city. Our city event, "Orem Fest" got rained out this year so we crashed the Pleasant Grove's "Strawberry Days" Carnival & the kids had a blast. We went with two fabulous friends of ours, the Sperrys & the Earls. Earlier that day we went to Maui Meltdown. The Strawberries & Cream is da bomb! It's on American fork Main Street in the parking lot of Allen's Camera & it's there all summer... To Die For!
I freakin LOVE summer! Growing up in Southern California we always looked forward to the Del Mar Fair, Padre baseball games, & the endless days at the beach. I miss surfing with my sister Lisa. She & I would paddle out early afternoon & surf until evening sometimes... ending the day with a bondfire. Man! I was in the best shape of my life then.
Summertime in Utah is really a blast too. Nobody celebrates the 4th of July like Utah & I love it! There's no other place I'd rather be on this day...except of course with my best friend Jennae, celebrating her birthday on the 4th. Miss you Nae! ;o)
I really look forward to this time of year. The patriotism here in Utah is outstanding & there are tons of events going on in every city. Our city event, "Orem Fest" got rained out this year so we crashed the Pleasant Grove's "Strawberry Days" Carnival & the kids had a blast. We went with two fabulous friends of ours, the Sperrys & the Earls. Earlier that day we went to Maui Meltdown. The Strawberries & Cream is da bomb! It's on American fork Main Street in the parking lot of Allen's Camera & it's there all summer... To Die For!

And this is where we spend most our days... Outside! And in the water!






2 comments:
I Love this post! so cute! Yes, we are here. we love it! It has been a fun week with having trav all to me! he officially starts school when we come back from UT. We will see how that goes! I will miss you too Lar!
Soo cute - I agree that Summertime is the best!
Post a Comment