"Successful marriages & families are established & maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness,
respect, love, compassion, work, & wholesome recreational activities."


-The Family A Proclamation to the World


Thursday, February 5, 2009

I am Not a pink girl

For as long as I can remember I've never liked the color pink as far as clothing and home decor goes. I think it looks great on other people but I've just never been a pink girl. That being said, I'm trying to come up with ideas of how to decorate our baby girl's nursery but so many things are PINK! The fengshui representation of her room (where it's located in the house) is wealth and prosperity. So I want to focus on rich warm colors and a touch of glam;o) I'm thinking either rich corals or oranges and bright greens with tan and white as neutrals (my baby furniture it white). I've decided I'm going to put up wallpaper. Here are the 2 wallpaper prints i'm trying to decide on... which one do you like?

Orange


Coral


Whatever wallpaper I choose of the above 2 I'm going to add a little bling in the room with a chandelier like this one:


If our daughter grows up liking the color pink, then great! Good for her... she'll be more open minded with color than her mom and I'll totally support that.

And if anyone has any tips on where to find great bedding or decor please help me!! I haven't bought a single thing yet for our daughter and I don't know where to start. Lucikly I have all the baby basics down and don't need to buy a whole lot.

6 comments:

Trent & Tara said...

I am obcessed with the color pink. Evelyn's room is decked out in pink & brown and I dress her in it almost every day. ha ha. LOL. Not the biggest fan of light pink though. N-E ways some girl just don't like it. I love the bling light you want to use. I have a friend who decorated her little girls room and put that in it. It was so cute. Have you picked a name yet?

Keisha said...

I love the orange one (1st one) but both are super cute! Good choices :)

Sarah Jayne said...

Love the orange...enough said.

Kattie said...

I love the first orange and the first coral:) but I think I love the Coral one a tiny bit more

Ben, Ashley, and Nate said...

I am loving the orange! That is so awesome. It looks a lot like this new paper line in this scrabook line--go to basicgrey.com and look at their citrus line. Man, am I a scrapbook geek or what!

Lindsay said...

Those massive lips are mine :). everyone thinks they look like a fake kiss on his cheek but they are my real lips