
I laughed dryly at this tip I found on the internet today... I was wondering what my weight gain "should" be during my pregnancy. With Preston I gained way more than necessary (close to 50 pounds,eek!) and I don't want to repeat that again. This was mainly due to my eating whatever I wanted even though it was bad for me like Wendys 10 pc. chicken nugget meal with a sprite 3-5 times a week (gross). Luckily, I've craved mostly healthy foods this pregnancy... for the most part. I don't think that loads of ranch dressing on my salad is considered a healthy snack. Whatever! This tid bit of info is dumb... like I really need advice on how to gain weight.
How Can I Gain the Right Amount of Weight During Pregnancy?
If your health care provider recommends gaining more weight during pregnancy, here are some suggestions:
Eat five to six small, frequent meals every day.
Keep quick, easy snacks on hand, such as nuts, raisins, cheese and crackers, dried fruit, and ice cream/yogurt.
Spread peanut butter on toast, crackers, apples, bananas, or celery. One tablespoon of creamy peanut butter will provide about 100 calories and seven grams of protein.
Add nonfat powdered milk to foods such as mashed potatoes, scrambled egg,s and hot cereal.
Add condiments to your meal, such as butter or margarine, cream cheese, gravy, sour cream, and cheese.
Friday, January 16, 2009
Weight Gain Durning Pregnancy
Posted by Lauren Clyde at 5:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I say we forget trying to make the weight gain a smaller number and lets go for as much as we can possibly gain, that sounds easier!!! I LOVE FOOD
When people make fun of me for putting tons of dressing, or butter and salt or whatever on a healthy food I tell them all the nutrients are still there! Ranch doesn't such the vitamins out of tomatoes!
That's ridiculous. What woman doesn't know how to gain weight??? Sheesh. I gained 45 with Jonah and then tried to cut back with Sophie but ended up gaining the exact same amount. I say, as long as you're healthy and stay active during your pregnancy EAT WHAT YOU WANT!
Hey girl! I saw your blog on someone else's blog and wanted to tell ya yours is so cute!! I made my blog private, but if you will email me I will send you an invite so you can look at it whenever! Have a good one!
Lindsey Rovig
LKRovig@gmail.com
Post a Comment