"Successful marriages & families are established & maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness,
respect, love, compassion, work, & wholesome recreational activities."


-The Family A Proclamation to the World


Thursday, February 19, 2009

Traumatic Morning!

I was at Joanne's craft store this morning trying to pick out some fabric for our baby's new bedding and Preston was being all kinds of difficult. I had Preston in a grocery cart but he hates being strapped in the child designated seat. In my desperation to get the kid to stop whining I took him out and let him sit in the back of the basket... Big mistake. Preston stood up and fell backwards out of the cart. As he was falling he turned and put his arms out to break his fall. He managed to land on his right side sorta face down. I saw all this happen as I was standing 2 feet away unable to catch him. I picked him up and his nose started gushing blood and he was sobbing! Then blood clots started coming out of his nose and that freaked me out. All I could do was cry with him b/c I was so worried and I felt so horrible that he had gotten hurt due to my negligence. I took him in to the doctor right away and he's okay but it was very traumatizing for him and me. It sucked having to explain how he fell to the nurse and doctor b/c they were probably thinking that I was a crappy mom for not strapping him in the cart. All is well now. I definately learned from this experience and in the future I won't give into the fit. I'm sure Preston's learned that he can get big "owies" for not sitting down in the grocery cart.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Would it make you feel better if I told you my cousin's toddler broke his arm the same way? Because he did!

You are a cute mom!

Aubrey said...

So sorry. That's the pits! Tad hates being strapped in too, but in our case the back is usually ocupado. :)

Nicole said...

I am so sorry! That is so horrible! I am glad he is okay! And you are not a horrible mom I think a lot of moms do I know I do!

georgiavargas said...

AWWW! You are an excellent mom,,and you know it but this is the way we become better moms! Learning from our mistakes, that happened to me too once!!
YOu are my heroe (I know I told you that already but...it's true!) You are so awesome!
We miss you!!

Chelsea Wilkes said...

k its those dumb carts! They are extra low! Carter sits up front so I have to put Nikki in back and she did the same exact thing at the same exact place but luckily I caught her!!