"Successful marriages & families are established & maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness,
respect, love, compassion, work, & wholesome recreational activities."


-The Family A Proclamation to the World


Saturday, May 15, 2010

Unlucky Birthday

Exciting News! Caroline is 1 year old today!!!

But the bad thing about it
...she's sick!


Caroline woke up from a nap thursday with a fever. Friday, her fever got worse & even got up to 104.4 degrees! We went to the doctor & they just examined her & scratched their heads??? (dumb Dr) Said to bring her back if her fever continues. I asked the Dr if she thought it could be Roseola & she said, "No because their isn't any rash"...I wanted to shake the Dr. She should know that the rash comes on once the fever breaks. My daughter was boiling hot, it was a very scary friday.

Well she woke up this morning with that crummy fever again. We're hoping this will all end soon so we can get on with the festivites! ...Our poor little darling. I'm just SO sorry you're sick on your birthday.


It seems like just yesterday this beautiful baby girl entered our lives. Here's how that day all went down:
Everything was planned: I was scheduled for inducement, our suitcase had within it the new & Oh-so soft 1st outfit you would wear, tiny bows & brets, the pink & leopard print blanket... Tyler & I were so anxious to meet our baby girl. My Mom & sister's Lisa & Vicki were waiting with us at the hospital as well. The epidural I had received had only numbed my right side and as the contractions increased, so did the pain. Those who had come to be apart of this special day left the hospital to allow me the peace I needed in that intense moment. Luckily, my left leg started to go numb, but not completely. I dialated very quickly after that. 45 minutes later this tiny baby girl announced her arrival with loud whales & cries! At that exact moment, my mom & two sisters were at the door shocked with disbelief that they had missed her birth by just seconds. The first thing I remember about my baby girl was the creases in her arms. I have small babies but even though she was small (6 lbs 7oz), she was round, she was healthy, & we were finally able to put a face with a name. What a beautiful baby. Everyone surrounded & loved her immediately. Caroline, you have brought more meaning to my life & the role that I play as a mother. I look forward to growing in our love & friendship together. I love you Carebear, Gus Gus, & my Sweet Caroline.

Brand New

2 months

3 months

4 months

5 months

6 months

7 months

8 months

9 months

10 months

11 months

12 months & the look tells exactly how she's feelin'

Sorry baby. Happy Birthday any ways. xoxo

4 comments:

Kattie said...

Happy birthday Caroline!!! She planned her sickness so that the party could be extended so that i could be there, what a little angel!
She is absolutely adorable in everyone of those pics, even the little sickie picture:)

tamifoulger said...

So cute. Happy first birthday. We can't wait to see you in July!

JR and Amanda said...

So Sad! Connor was that sick on his 1 year birtday too...breaks your heart! Hope she gets feeling better! She sure is a cutie!

Loe,
Amanda

Taylor Ashley said...

she is so adorable [: i love her !my babies better have that much hair !!