"Successful marriages & families are established & maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness,
respect, love, compassion, work, & wholesome recreational activities."


-The Family A Proclamation to the World


Friday, April 3, 2009

Preston's 1st Movie

Tonight I decided to take Preston out for a night on the town since Daddy had to take his last final tonight (Wooo! Yeeeaaaaya! Go Tyler).
We saw Monster vs. Aliens and I'd like to say that it was a good movie but I didn't get to watch a good portion of it due to my 2 yr old... Who takes their 2 yr old to the movies?!! Oh yea, Me! I thought I'd try it thinking he'd be content enough to sit their and enjoy eating popcorn and candy. Nope.

(Sarah- the whole thing I said about "terrible twos" I take it back! Because tonight Preston was TERRIBLE!!!)

Luckily we sat between 2 couples who were so understanding and forgiving. Here's a play-by-play of the night: At first Preston was mesmorized by the big screen and big seat. He sat in it fine (except he wasn't quite heavy enough for the seat cushion to go down all the way. We fixed that with a booster). We ate popcorn and he yelled out things he saw on the screen like, "Moon!", "Angurber!"(hamburger), "Rock!", "UH-OH!", "OH NO!"... all of these were followed by Preston turning to the couple next to us telling them, "Shhh!" after I'd shoosh him and ask him to be soft. I rarely give him candy but I kept cramming it in his mouth tonight to get the kid to be quiet. This must have given him a sugar high b/c he couldn't keep still! He kept going to both couples sitting beside us and sitting on their laps!!!! I was So Embarrassed! One couple were grandparents with their well behaved and older grandkids and the other must have been parents b/c they handled Preston fine. Well a good 3/4 in the movie he threw a horrible tantrum spilling the popcorn all over and knocking me in the face with his head all b/c he wanted to get down and run around. That was it for me. I picked him up and the last shred of dignity I had and left. It was a night from HELL. I'm not taking him to another movie... EVER!

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

Nothing makes me more angry than when I get hit on the head. I can totally understand and sympathize. But I still think Preston is stinkin' cute and sweet. He was so funny yesterday! :)

Kozlowski Family said...

Oh my gosh that is funny hey do you guys want to get together for dinner this weekend?

Sarah Jayne said...

I'm sorry to say THAT IS HILARIOUS!! Of course if it was me, I'd have been in tears. Just thank heavens you could actually leave and that you weren't on an airplane during said tantrum. Its a good thing 2 year olds have so many fun/cute things about them that make up for all the BAD!! I'm glad you tried the movie thing before I gave it a shot...now I know.

Lauren Clyde said...

Amber- We're down for anything! What do you have in mind? On Saturday there's an Easter carnival in Salt Lake that we're taking Preston to. It's only $2 to get in and it includes an easter egg hunt, bounce houses, magic shows and other shows... It's sounds like something the kids will LOVE. Send me your email and I'll fwd you the details on that if you're interested. Also I need you to invite me to access your blog. my email is: laurenclyde@comcast.net