"Successful marriages & families are established & maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness,
respect, love, compassion, work, & wholesome recreational activities."


-The Family A Proclamation to the World


Monday, March 23, 2009

My Pregnancy Status

I had another ultrasound last week to check on the placenta and see where we were at with everything.

...Going back to my 21 week ultrasound, the Dr was concerned that my placenta was too close to the opening of my cervix, which if it did cover it eventually I'd have "placenta previa" or partial placenta previa and have to deliver Cesarean section.

Well, last weeks ultrasound revealed no placenta near the cervix. I was so releaved! It had moved up as hoped and prayed for... I wanted to jump off the table and do a victory dance! I'm 31 weeks pregnant right now so I had to wait a frustrating and stressful 10 weeks to find out this news.

Even though I'm so releaved that I don't have to deliver c-section, I'm not completely in the clear. I have to go back next week for another ultrsound screening. The Dr is a little concerned with the babies size b/c she's measuring rally small for how far along I am (about 3 lbs). He wants to measure her growth and see how she's progressing in size. I'm not too terribly worried as long as she doesn't try to come early! Preston was born 2 days late and only weighed 6 lbs. I just have small babies and my Mom also had small babies. I was only about 6 lbs as well. Like I said, if she'll just hang tight and continue bakin in mama's oven for then next 8 weeks then everything will be just fine. I would love to have a fat chuncky baby but honestly, I'm really grateful I only have to push out 6lb babies.

4 comments:

Sarah Jayne said...

Phew! So glad to hear that everything is fine. Start eating lots of ice cream and sugar and the baby'll plump up just fine! Hahaha.... You're almost there!

Aubrey said...

Glad all's well! You are such a small mama, it's a good thing they are little babes! Tad was 8' 11'' and I tell ya--It was much easier to push out the twins (7'each) than rolly polly Tad.

Nicole said...

I am glad everything is okay! keep me posted. We need to get together soon. love ya

nicole

georgiavargas said...

I'm so glad everything oi well with you and your baby! I know you are one of the most amazing mom's I ve known so... You'll be fine!
We love you and we are praying that these 10 weeks goes really fast!