Every once in a while I get the terrible pains of homesickness. Utah is my well established home now and has been for almost 5 years. I'm fortunate to have the best of both worlds! Growing up in San Diego was a dream and I didn't realize how much I took it for granted until I moved away. Today I was talking to an old friend from home and I got so incredibly homesick. I miss so much about my hometown... I'm hoping that this will help me to supress some of the sadness I feel right now.
I miss the beach and coming here as often as I used to to surf with my sister and friends. Then the late night bond fires and the casual laid-back feeling of being apart of the SoCal lifestyle... man, I don't know if this is going to help me feel any better! ;o)
Miss seeing this beauty... Tyler and I were married here and it truly is, in my opinion, the most beautiful temple inside and out. I wish we could return here more often and reminisce that special day together. 
Oh the incredible shopping and outdoor malls... This is a picture of Horton Plaza Mall Downtown and my favorite mall at that. It has most of my favorite stores and it's right in the heart of downtown. Such a fun place to be!
Old Town, SD... This historic city is so fun and festive. We would come here all the time as a family to the "Bazar Del Mundo" where the most delicious mexican food in all of San Diego is. It's a traditional mexican restaurant with yummy pina coladas and mariachi bands serenade you while you eat... Very fun and entertaining.
Balboa Park- So many fond childhood memories here of riding the carousel, getting giant ice cream cones, climbing the hudge ancient-old trees, watching concerts, and seeing plays. This park is so beautiful!! 
A small area downtown near the "Gaslamp" district... The streets in Little Italy are lined with authentic, fine Italian food. One of my many favorite places to eat and my mouth is watering right now thinking about it. 
Sigh... I will be going home next month and I seriously can't wait to see all my extended family and dear friends who I miss terribly. I am having total withdrawls LOL! I really hope that one day Tyler and I can move our family there.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Homesick
Posted by Lauren Clyde at 1:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
I lived in San Diego for a little while before I got married. I loved it so much. My favorite thing was staying at the beach all day, then sitting by the bonfire at night. The flames would always hurt the sunburn I had just gotten.
Dont be sad:) We love that you live here:) Dinner club really needs you!!!
Oh, you make me jealous! We would love to live there some day. Those sites are gourgeous!
I miss Cali too. I've been here for seven years now-it gets easier. Whenever I was homesick I learned to think of the things I didn't like about California. It seemed to help me keep everything in perspective . . . Here were some of my starters: traffic (real traffic, not the Utah version), no snow at Christmas, too many people- I used to feel claustrophobic in malls, etc? I know it doesn't compare to the good but maybe it'll help:)
I lived in Concord (Bay Area). I loved it and would move back with just Brian and me but I definitely wouldn't want to raise kids there. San Francisco is still my favorite city:) I spent my summers in Dana Point (Orange County) cuz my dad lives there. Most the kids I know from there turned out pretty wild. I still love it there though!
Oh, no we were just going to a different church;). Yea, Ben has a little sarcasm when he gets excited with me about posting.
Oh, that is awful! I remember the first time I saw Ben cry--he made me cry as well. I'm glad that Tyler wasn't too hurt, though. I don't think any injury like that is ever easy or convenient. I worry so much more now that I'm married--I have to do a check of our insurance, that families are forver, and make sure I tell Ben to be careful before he jumps off something. Guess what? I'm going to the show! I'm so excited! Are you guys still doing your get together?
Post a Comment