"Successful marriages & families are established & maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness,
respect, love, compassion, work, & wholesome recreational activities."


-The Family A Proclamation to the World


Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Preston's Food Strike


Monday was an eventful day for me! Preston, who by the way seemed to be acting perfectly normal, randomly threw up. We managed to get most of it in the trash can (thank goodness the kid is tall! It was the perfect height for him). I gave him a bath, put yummy baby lotion on him and cuddled and soothed him to make him feel better. Then he puked again and for the rest of the day wouldn't eat anything, not that I blame him. Once he got everything out of his system he was back to laughing and acting totally normal. weird. But! It's wednesday night now and he has hardly eaten a thing since then! He's had plenty apple juice, water, and "kambucha" so he is getting his fluids but I'm paranoid. I'm praying he'll wake up tomorrow with his healthy appetite back in order. It's like he is on a literal food strike or this is his way of fasting. It'a making me crazy!!!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

When Brynlee was sick it was about a week later before she would eat normal. It sucked I was freaking out but I guess it is normal so I just kept the fluids coming! I made little popsicles out of Pedialyte. Just an idea if you think it will help!!!

Lauren Clyde said...

Tonight Preston's pants were falling off his waist. I'm not really freaking out like I made it sound but it does worry me. The kid is already skinny! I've been trying to fatten him up since he came into this world at a meezly 6lbs 3 oz. Poor baby. I will try popsicles thanks, Nicole. i'll probably make my own "healthy" version of course. I hate how when your kid;s sick the doctor's say to give them artificial colored/flavored juice with electrolytes. Very accidic. In fact, if anyone is ever interested, Nature's Sunshine has "electrolytes" in a pure form that's better for you than drinking that nasty gatorade crap. I'll get off my soap box now.