"Successful marriages & families are established & maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness,
respect, love, compassion, work, & wholesome recreational activities."


-The Family A Proclamation to the World


Tuesday, August 31, 2010

OUCH!

Warning: the following images may be disturbing to some. Viewer discrection is advised.
****************



It looked a whole lot more worse in person. I took these pictures a couple hours after the accident so the swelling had gone down some.

Caroline was following her Dad in the house (through the front door). As Tyler came in the house, he left the door open for Caroline. Well the door to the Garage was open as well & it caused a gust of wind through the house that slammed our front door shut... right on Caroline's hand. Her hand was on the door jam so as it shut, it came right over her hand. It didn't latch closed infact it swang open a little bit after slamming on her poor little baby hand. It was so awful! She cried & I cried along with her. I had never heard her cry that way before, it was a really painful cry. We got in the car to take her to the Urgent Care b/c she wasn't moving her hand. But on the way she settled down & started moving it & using sign language. Our next inclination was that she was okay but we were a little unsure. So I said a prayer & we both felt comfort that she was fine & didn't need medical attention. The swelling lasted 2 hours until I was reminded by a thought to use deep blue on her hand (deep blue is an essential oil blend) I put it on her hand & within 15-20 minutes the swelling had gone down Significantly! Tyler & I were A-mazed. She's perfectly fine today & using her hand like normal, thankfully no broken or fractured bones.

4 comments:

Lambourne Fam said...

Ouch! Poor baby. I would have cried too! Glad she's ok :)

Ben, Ashley, and Nate said...

Oh, poor girl! That looks awful. Glad she's feeling better.

Julianne said...

i cannot believe those pictures! that looks SO Painful :( poor baby girl!
and the sneaky post is hilarious

Anonymous said...

Hey Lauren! It's Theresa, boy does that look swollen! It looks like she hit a blood vessel, because that swells up immediately like a bubble! The best thing for that is ice and compression. It will go down very quickly if you do that, which it sounds like you did. I'm glad she is doing good!