"Successful marriages & families are established & maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness,
respect, love, compassion, work, & wholesome recreational activities."


-The Family A Proclamation to the World


Monday, April 26, 2010

Our Deepest Fear

We came here to earth & left behind the knowledge of our true, higher selves. I think that if we could tap into who we really are from time-to-time, life would be so much easier. Knowing this frustrates me because I struggle with my imperfections, inadequacies, & confidence in the presence of others. I wish I could remember myself as my father does. But despite my frustrations with myself & this earth life, I embrace it as a probationary phase that I chose. I'm grateful for every beautiful blessing I've been given & I keep this scripture in my mind & heart...

Ether 12: 27
"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Also... I read this quote by Marianne Williamson & it has Forever changed my life. I tend to "shrink" within myself but this quote encourages me to share myself more with others. The words speak so much truth & enlightenment to my heart.

1 comments:

Christi said...

Hi Lauren,

It was so great to see you and Tyler and meet your little one's at Micheal's wedding a few weeks ago. It was nice to see you again after so long. Our blog is www.thelukeclan.blogspot.com.
Thanks for sharing that video and I hope your little one is feeling better now!

Christi Galovan Luke