Tyler & I have been anxiously waiting for this day to come! Preston is finally potty trained... woot woot!! I want to shout it to the world, I'm so proud of him! Life just got a little easier now that my 3 year old is out of diapers. We are over joyed & Preston loves wearing his big kid underpants ;o) On two different occasions he told strangers, "I got Buzz Wightyear big kid underwears!"
So here's how we did it:
So here's how we did it:
I talked to family & friends with boys to get any tips & ideas that would work. I've read a lot about making sure to start potty training when your child is ready & to watch for certain signs. He was showing a few of the signs so we decided to just go for it! Before we actually started we checked out books at the library about potty training & also a movie called "Potty Power". They totally motivated him but I warn you... if you decide to check out this movie, it is seriously annoying & you will have all the songs stuck in your head. The next week, I took Preston to the dollar store. My sister-in-law Traci & my friend Angela both suggested the dollar store prizes as potty incentives. When we were at the store Preston couldn't believe I was letting him get whatever he wanted. The look on his face was total excitement, it was cute. I arranged the prizes & treats on a poster board I set them on display...
It totally worked! I have to thank Traci & Angela!! We had a rough start at first b/c Preston had to grasp the concept, but he caught on quick and after a week he is totally potty trained & doing it all by his self! "Wike a big kid!"




6 comments:
Excellent tips:) I haven't even had my baby yet and I'm all ready looking forward to having her potty trained (I never knew diapers were so much money!). Preston's such a cute kid. We miss seeing you guys at church.
YAY!!
I will for sure have to do the incentive poster. So cute!!!
That is so awesome! On sunday Chris and I taught his class and he kept showing us his big boy underwear! So cute! We are getting ready with Brynlee we just got her a toilet she has gone few times on it loves it but we have been waiting for life to not be so crazy with work so we plan on starting soon great idea with the poster think i might have to try that! love what Tyler did for your birthday so cute! I think we should have a girls night and leave the kids with the boys and go out!
I'm jelous! I have to keep telling myself Addysin's time will come. About the Valentines at church, I didn't think anything of it, dont worry. I actually thought, that was a good idea and I wished we had done it to save time that day. the cough syrup worked miracles and I WANT SOME. Caiden loved having his feet massaged with vicks, it was adorable how calm he would get. and yeah, those rolls are so good and I'm sooooo glad you make bread now! dont you feel so domestic?
Post a Comment