Innocent:
a : free from guilt or sin especially through lack of knowledge of evil : blameless.
Preston embodies this definition. He is so very sweet & innocent. He desires so much to do good & "make good choices" (a common phrase used in our home). I love this about him. Like every child, he makes messes & gets into things but not because he's malicious or trying to be naughty. He genuinely feels good will toward others & wants to be happy. When I get upset with his choices he Always tells me, "I won't do it Again! ...I want you to be happy mommy". When he says things like that it's hard to get mad at him. I love my tender-hearted Preston.
A funny story:
One day I had just gotten out of the shower & my kids were being real quiet, which is never good. I called for Preston & got no response. Then I heard a beeping sound. I ran downstairs to find the fridge open (which was beeping) & a chair pushed up to it. Preston & Caroline (old reliable) were sitting underneath the kitchen table going at a giant block of cheese with butter knifes... We cleaned up the mess & I asked Preston, "What are you going to do the next time you want some cheese?" and he said, "Get a sharp knife"! So funny.
Something Preston said:
Preston has been having a few accidents lately. He holds it until the absolute last second & doesn't always make it to the potty. He also has issues with wiping after he's gone #2. This will cause him to get a rashy bum sometimes. So the other day Preston was crying to Tyler & trying to explain that his bum was hurting. He then bursted out, "My bum is SPICY"!!! He said the same thing when he wet his pants & his legs were stinging... "My legs are spicy"! It's hard not to laugh out loud while we're trying to be compassionate & make it all better.
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Oh Preston!
Posted by Lauren Clyde at 10:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
haha :D thanks for sharing. love little boys!
Preston is so funny! I love the spicy bum!
Hey when you get a minute do you mind sending what I would need to do glitter nails? nobody does it down here and my girls just LOVED having them done!
My email is hsadleir@hotmail.com
Post a Comment