"Successful marriages & families are established & maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness,
respect, love, compassion, work, & wholesome recreational activities."


-The Family A Proclamation to the World


Thursday, October 7, 2010

Heavenly Father, THANK YOU!

I need to give a shout out to the Big Padre... We have been so blessed by His love & support that I feel the need to write this down so I can look back & remember. Tyler & I have been planning/saving-up 4 months for a trip to San Digo for 2 reasons:

1.My Aunt Julie's Wedding (It's a BIG deal, she's in her 50's & getting married for the 1st time! We're SO excited!!)
2. DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!

Disneyland is known for being the happiest place on earth, which is true. Tyler & I always feel like little kids when we're there, but it is also the most expensive place on earth. We're going to Disneyland for 2 days & have been anxiously planning this for our kids. All summer long I've asked Preston, "What would you like to do today?" His reply "I want to go to Disneywand!" lol! He can hardly wait.

Well, at the beginning of Summer we decided we needed to budget for our upcoming trip since it would be around the time of our annual Halloween party & then the holidays. I prayed & told Heavenly Father our plans & asked that he would help us figure out a way to come up with the money for our trip without having to dip into our personal account. I felt peace & excitement! I didn't know how He would help us, but I KNEW He would. He gave me that clarity & peace of mind.

I was given through inspiration that there was something I was going to do that would allow me to come up with the money. I'm a hairstylist so I thouhgt, Maybe I'll get more clients & come up with the money that way??? Yes, that did happen but that was not all. I was cleaning one morning & a thought came to me, "you could do glitter toes". I stopped what I was doing, did some research online, & found out that I was licensed to do glitter toes! So I bought all the materials, taught myself how to do them & used a ginny-pig to make sure I was doing it correctly... thanks Kattie ;o)

Well a few nights ago Tyler & I figured out an exact budget of what our trip would cost us (gas, food, Disneyland, shopping). I then proceeded to count the cash I had come up with doing hair & glitter toes this summer & to my astonishment we were $10 over the amount we had budgeted! I instatnly realized that Heavenly Father answered my prayers & He totally helped us out. Wow, Im not a fan of repetitive Christian music, but "Our God is an Awesome God... Our God is an Awesome God"...

THANK U, THANK U to all my wonderful friends & family who had glitter toe parties & came to me to have their hair done. You were all apart of His helping hand & I'm truly grateful to you aswell.

4 comments:

Ben, Ashley, and Nate said...

Happy to contribute to Disneyland any day. And I'd love to do it again soon!

Christi said...

You are so cute. I hope you guys have a great time if you haven't gone yet ... I am excited for you.

I still want to know about your "shark" cleaner. I think I want one.

Christi Luke

Kelsey said...

You know what my favorite thing about you has always been? How UNshy you are about the gospel. I love that someone who is young, talented, and unbelievably beautiful is so bold about her faith and religion. You really are such a wonderful example to me.

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

You have such an adorable blog!