"Successful marriages & families are established & maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness,
respect, love, compassion, work, & wholesome recreational activities."


-The Family A Proclamation to the World


Wednesday, May 28, 2008

New Baby Kamden



My best friend Jennae had her baby!!! This is seriously so exciting b/c she was very high risk and was put on bed rest early in her pregnancy. She had a partial placental abruption... something that typically happens in the 3rd trimester but this happened in her 1st trimester. A massive blog clot developed in her uterus and the babies life was threatened. She was on bedrest and was able to be up and about 10 minutes at a time. As the baby got bigger there was another tear in her placenta and a 2nd blood clot formed. She was then forced to be on complete bed rest. There were all types of worries that if the baby were to make it, he would be born with deformities or other possible handipac problems due to the amoutn of blood she was loosing from the tearing. One ultrasound reading she had early in her pregnancy showed the brain with one side smaller than the other. But further readings showed he was developing correctly as far a size and measurment. Finally everyone can sigh with a huge sense of relief b/c he was born yesterday morning! He was 6 weeks early weighing 6 lbs 7 oz and 20" long! An amazing size for a baby born 6 weeks early! He is being kept in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) for a couple weeks to make sure he has no problems breathing on his own since babies born this early usually do. He seems to be fine so far... This has been a long, scary process and we're so glad baby Kamden has finally arrived safe and sound with no complications what-so-ever! He is so perfect and so incredibly cute! I can't wait to see him when I go home to San Diego next month. Congratulations Matt & Jennae... I'm so proud of you mama!!

5 comments:

Sarah Jayne said...

What a cute little guy! That's an amazing story. I'm so glad everything has turned out well. Best of luck to them!

Lindsay said...

very cute and great story to hear.

Marcus Brittanie, and Indie said...

Oh my gosh, what a relief! I'm so glad that he is here, and doing well. That's sweet you got a waxing kit, just tell me when and I'll be there!!!

crazy christensen family said...

Thanks for posting her picture. Did you notice in your story you said she had a blog instead of blood clot? Ha ha! I haven't updated my blog because I have to post pictures through my printer. Can't find the hookups right now. Love you!

Nicole said...

You need to come walking with us in the mornings! We usually go around nine. Give me a call if you want to come! And we need to get together soon.